Who has not happened that eating, talking, or even the nerves themselves has taken a bite inside the cheek? It can be very painful and annoying, especially the first few days. Luckily, there are certain natural remedies that can help in the healing of mouth wounds by bite. The best thing for these cases is to prepare homemade mouthwashes. They can be done easily, simply and inexpensively with multiple plants, without the need to purchase products in pharmacies. If you want to know how and with what, do not miss this article on how to cure a bite in the mouth.
Rosemary to heal wounds
Rosemary is known for its great medicinal properties. Among the most prominent, we find the following functions:
To prepare a rosemary mouthwash we will follow these steps:
- Get rosemary leaves or flowers. If you have plenty of rosemary, you can dry the branches to use them throughout the year.
- Heat water in a small pot until it starts to boil.
- Once the water is boiling, introduce a handful of rosemary leaves or flowers. If you do not know what amount to put, put what fits you in one hand.
- Boil the rosemary about 5 minutes until the water is dyed a yellowish hue.
- Then let the mixture cool.
- With the help of a strainer, store the homemade rosemary rinse in a container for later use.
Rinse the sore once or twice a day, depending on its severity, and in a few days you will see the results.
Thyme for mouth sores
Thyme is another plant with great healing properties. The most important ones are:
Apart from all this, it should be noted that taking it as an infusion reduces blood pressure and strengthens the immune system.
Preparing a natural thyme rinse is very simple. Read on to learn how to make a thyme mouthwash step by step:
- Heat a pot with water until it boils.
- Pour a small amount of thyme. It is recommended, as in the previous section, that it does not exceed the amount that would fit in our hand.
- Wait a few minutes until the water turns yellowish.
- Let the water cool and then, with a strainer, pour the cold homemade rinse into a bowl.
You can rinse your mouth once or twice a day, depending on how your wound is. In addition to curing canker sores or bites, with thyme mouthwash you can improve your oral hygiene, gengivitis, pyorrhea and any other gum problem.
Chamomile for mouth sores
Another great plant with healing properties is, without a doubt, chamomile. In addition to its known use in infusions for the digestive system, as chamomile mouthwash is:
Mouthwash with chamomile
The procedure to prepare a natural homemade rinse with chamomile is the same. To do this you just need to follow these steps:
- Boil water in a small pot.
- Get natural chamomile and add it to the water. Never use the chamomile that comes in tea bags, because they can contain more things. In addition, natural chamomile will always be better.
- Wait about 5 minutes until the water acquires color.
- Then, let the mixture cool.
- Then, with the help of a strainer, separate the remains of the chamomile and pour the liquid content into a container.
If you feel a lot of pain in the mouth from the bite, with the chamomile mouthwash you will be able to appease it a bit. If it hurts a lot, hold the liquid you have prepared for a long time in your mouth.
Nor can we forget lavender for bites inside the cheek. Lavender is another plant with great properties and medicinal uses. It stands out above all for being:
Homemade lavender mouthwash
Preparing a lavender mouthwash is very simple. Here we explain step by step how to cure bites in the mouth with lavender:
- Get natural lavender. Both flowers and lavender leaves can be used, but flowers are much more effective.
- Heat water in a small pot and wait for it to boil.
- Pour a handful of lavender flowers into the boiling water.
- Wait about 5 minutes until the water is dyed greenish or purple.
- Once the water has cooled, separate the remains of lavender with a strainer and pour the liquid content into a container.
With this natural mouthwash, in addition to helping to cure the bites inside the mouth, you will also eliminate bad breath or halitosis.
These home remedies are also effective if you wonder how to cure a bite or tongue wound.
- Never use mouthwash when it is still hot. You could further damage the mouth sores by bite.
- These rinses also serve for injuries to the lips or mouth injuries from bites of any kind.
- If you have an infected mouth wound and these rinses are not effective, it is best to see a doctor as soon as possible.